On October 12th from 4pm – 7pm, The Altoona Area local school districts will be hosting a job fair to recruit
applicants for various district-wide full-time and part-time positions! Representatives from Tyrone Area School District will be on hand to discuss current and future job openings throughout the districts.
Appalachia Intermediate Unit
4500 6th Avenue
Altoona, PA 16602
ATTENTION YOUTH FOOTBALL PARENTS AND COACHES:
1. Parking for Tyrone youth football games will be at the TASD soccer field lots, both upper and lower paved lots and the TASD softball field around the fence only.
Parking IS NOT permitted on any grass surface, other than around the softball field. When parking lots are full a barricade will be placed at the edge of the entrance to the parking lots. If you see the barricade, please park on the street.
2. Dogs and other animals: The only animals permitted at the TASD Youth Football games are service animals. The animal must be easily identified as a service animal.
3. Handicap parking is provided in the marked handicap spots.
4. Access to the actual playing field by vehicle is permitted ONLY to those individuals identified by the Youth Football president as needing access to the playing field.
5. All other TASD Board Policies will be followed/enforced accordingly.
All schools will begin at 7:55 a.m. and start dismissing at 2:55 p.m. for the 2016-17 school year. Please see the handbook on of the individual school's website for a complete bell schedule.
Changes to parking for the Elementary School
Pennsylvania State Police is requesting that both sides of Clay Avenue be designated as “No Parking” in front of the Elementary School, thereby eliminating all parking on Clay Avenue. Additional Parent Parking will be available along the south side of the Elementary School (near the tennis courts). All non-school vehicles exiting school property next to the tennis courts will be required to make a right turn only onto Clay Ave from 7:30-8:30 and 2:30 -3:30. Click here for complete details.
The Tyrone Area School District lost a beloved member of its family. Rev. Norman Huff served as a member of the Tyrone Area School Board for 21 years. His tireless dedication to the school and our community will be sadly missed by the students, teachers, staff and administration of TASD.
The Young Entrepreneurs Academy, or YEA!, is a class that teaches students between 11 and 18 years old how to start and run their own business, or non-profit organization – think SHARK TANK!!
The class meets weekly and is offered locally at Penn State Altoona’s Sheetz Entrepreneurial Center. YEA! Is sponsored by Sheetz, UPMC and the Blair County Chamber. Early applications are being accepted now - be one of the first to apply!
Save $20 on application fee- apply before September 15th Promo Code: EDU2016
For more information click on the links below:
4:00 PM Cross Country - Varsity - Coed
6:00 PM Soccer - Varsity - Boys
6:00 PM Volleyball - Varsity - Girls
7:45 PM Soccer - Junior Varsity - Boys
3:30 PM Tennis - Varsity - Girls
4:00 PM Volleyball - Junior High - Girls
1:00 PM Golf - Varsity - Boys